School Wellbeing Events
Five Ways to Wellbeing
We absolutely loved working with the Yr 5 Children in the Chichester District Council area. The Five Ways to Wellbeing asks children to focus on five positive actions they can incorporate into their daily lives as individuals and also as part of their communities.
The five actions are:
Connect — encouraging children to strengthen and broaden their range of relationships and social networks. It encourages them to spend time with their friends and family and making time to have a chat.
Be active — stresses that being active is for people of all ages and does not need to be intense physical activity. Being active can also encourage social interactions.
Keep learning — learning is for people of all ages and can involve absolutely anything!
Take notice — asks children to take time to stop, become aware of their surroundings and listen to their thoughts and feelings about them.
Give — focuses on how any acts of kindness, whether small or large can make people feel happier and more satisfied about life.
These day-long workshops were initially offered to schools in the Think Family Neighbourhoods for Year 5 pupils (aged 9 and 10), in Tangmere, Selsey, and Chichester South and East. The success of the scheme has resulted in additional schools joining the initiative and workshops are now also offered to other schools in the district.
The workshops help children learn skills to self-manage emotions and activities to help them remain healthy both physically and mentally — activities include parachute games, balloons, snack and chat, and relaxation.
Feedback from the sessions has been extremely positive with teachers saying children are very engaged with all the messages and activities and still remember a lot of what they learnt on the day.
What Are The Benefits of School Wellbeing Workshops?
Our School Wellbeing options have been designed to deliver a number of different benefits:
- Reduce stress
- Reduce sickness
- Increase employee retention
- Maximise energy & productivity
- Build confidence
- Promote team-building
- Promote employee/pupil empathy
- Show your staff and pupils they are valued
- Promote a healthy school workplace & culture
Whether your school is large or small, we can create a tailor-made day of Wellbeing Solutions.
Our aim is to support the mental health of children and to educate them on how to incorporate the Five Ways to Wellbeing into their daily lives. With good mental health everyone does better in every way, people are happier in their families, are able to learn better and enjoy friendships and new experiences. We all have our part to play in improving our own and each other’s mental health.
Our School Wellbeing Solutions can be scheduled to fit in with the school calendar, to maximise the available facilities. For example, workshops can take place on inset or training days, where classrooms, halls or gyms may be utilised.
Over the last 12 months the student Wellbeing options have become very popular due to the pressure on the schools to achieve higher exam results. The feedback from pupils has been positive and they have all felt the “toolbox” of life skills is very valuable.
We have designed a range of ready-made School Wellbeing options that cover infants to seniors.
Alternatively, we are happy to create bespoke packages to suit particular requirements, including pupils that are under achieving through lack of confidence or on pupil premium.
Please read our testimonials from other schools we have provided Wellbeing treatments for.
Please contact us for further details of our School Wellbeing packages using the form below.
Let’s help young people to take responsibility for their own wellbeing.
- We will plan and deliver a fun and memorable day for the children, which is appropriate and meets requirements discussed.
- Provide the children with ideas and tools, as agreed, around the Five Ways to Wellbeing that they can use.
- Provide materials used within the workshops and healthy snacks.
A number of Wellbeing Solutions are available to suit different needs, age groups and requirements.
Why not give us a call and we’ll create the day for you?
Programme 1 (5-16 years old)
6 Week Programme:
- 1 hr 15 minutes per week
- 1 Reflexology Consultant
- 1 x TA
- 6 Pupils (selected by the school)
These are our proposed objectives for a six week Wellbeing programme.
- Reduce sickness
- Increase attendance & confidence
- Stay focused
- Enhance wellbeing
- Understanding your body
- Practical Advice
By the end of the Wellbeing Programme the pupils will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of anxiety and use the techniques they have learnt in class to bring about a calming effect on themselves.
- Learn how to use Reflexology techniques on the hands.
- Have an understanding on how Reflexology works and how to apply gentle soothing techniques to balance and relax the bodies systems. This is a very popular therapy which is non intrusive there will be no removable of any clothing.
- These techniques can be used in their everyday life.
- The group also learn how to express their stress and anxiety through creative activities.
- All the pupils that have attended this programme had parental consent.
Programme 2 (7-16 years old)
Advanced Reflexology Workshop
- 40 minute Reflexology workshop for up to 20 pupils.
- Ideal for year groups 3-11
- Great stress buster to introduce for pre exam.
- 1 Advanced Reflexologist
- 1 Teaching Assistant
- This workshop is fun and interactive.
Each pupil learns the art and origin of Reflexology and how it can help reduce stress and tension in the whole body.
Working as a group brings out the best in the pupils as they are very open and happy to discuss where their stress sits in their body. We then refer to the Reflexology hand charts and work out where the reflex points are that correspond with that particular area.
As a group we practice the massage techniques that will relieve the stress.
This is a life skill that can be used to reduce stress and tension in the pupil’s everyday lives and can be used as and when needed.
Programme 3 - Staff & Years 3-7
1 Advanced Reflexology Workshop for staff
- 1-2-1 Holistic or Beauty Treatment for each member of staff
- 3 x Advanced Reflexology workshops for pupils ( Years 3-7)
All of the above Wellbeing programmes can be adapted to suit your schools requirements.
(Ideal for Inset and training days or as part of your Kick Start or healthy schools week).
This would be an ideal starting point to introduce Reflexology to your staff, as they will have a better understanding of what is involved for the pupils that could benefit from our Wellbeing Programme 1 package.